This Gurudwara is a historical Gurudwara a very important one on the Sikh historical anamals. The ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Teg bahadur sahib was martyred in Delhi and an important Gurudwara stands on that site known as Gurudwara shees Ganj Sahib. It is said guru sahib himself came to Agra and offered himself voluntarily to the authorities from Agra Guru Sahib after being a confine at Agra fort a nine days was taken to Delhi. It is said Guru Sahib along with his disciples came and rested at this place earlier famous for a Tal (water reservoir). A Muslim ship herder met the Guru, the guru sahib gave him his ring to purchase grocery, and this Guru Sahib offered his voluntary arrest, after arrest Guru Sahib was kept in confinement for 9 days at this place. The place where Guru Sahib initially came and rested in the place for Gurudwara Manji Sahib at Gurudwara Guru Ka Tal. Taal was a reservoirs made during the Jahangeer era not much is left fast few Chattris remain.
The Gurudwara is a massive structure the main building is two storied with main hall a building in mughal style. There is a large community kitchen where 24x7 the community Kitchen operates. There are more than 50 Ac rooms for the devotees who can avail the service at nominal cost. There are large rooms for big groups of travelers. Gurudwara Manji Sahib is also a part of the campus. There is a large paid trucks parking fast adjacent to the Gurudwara.
Anyone having any allegiance to any respective faith/ caste is allowed to visit the Gurudwara, he/ she can also stay at the Sarai. There are rules supposed to be adhered to by all the visitors.
1. Devotees are supposed to come their head before they move to the sanctum sanctorium.
2. They are supposed to remove their shoes and shocks before morning inside.
3. No intoxicants of any kind is allowed inside the gurudwara.
4. Devotees are supposed to maintain silence while they pay homage to sri Guru Granth Sahib.
5. The langar of the community kitchen is where food (vegetarian) is distributed to the devotees they are supposed to sit squatly in the floor while they eat.